This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Thrifty adjustable-height steel rectangular tube, 7.5-ton capacity gantry crane models only. The specification for 1-5-ton adjustable-height steel rectangular tube gantries can be found here.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel rectangular tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height at 6″ increments.
- Gantry shall have fixed tread.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span.
- The end frames shall have internal reinforcement as well as gussets welded to top plates.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four, 360 degree rotating, non-marking polyurethane casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 10” diameter (polyurethane tread on steel core).NOTE: Optional v-grooved casters for mounting the crane on inverted angle track are available at additional cost.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace Cranes specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- The gantry shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- Gantry bolts and hardware shall be plated to prevent corrosion.
- Optional span adjustment kit available at additional cost on cranes up to 15’ I-beam spans. Must specify when ordering.
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016