This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Thrifty fixed-height steel rectangular-tube gantry crane which comes in 1. 2. 3 and 5-ton models.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel rectangular tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall have fixed height.
- Gantry shall have fixed tread.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span.
- The end frames shall have internal reinforcement as well as gussets welded to top plates.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four, 360 degree rotating, non-marking polyurethane casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 10” in diameter.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- The gantry shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- Gantry bolts and hardware shall be plated to prevent corrosion.
- Optional span adjustment kit available at additional cost on cranes up to 15’ I-beam spans. Must specify when ordering.
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016