This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace steel Thrifty gantry crane that is adjustable-height with a steel rectangular tube frame. This crane model comes in 1 to 5-ton models. The 7.5 ton model has a different specification which we will be providing soon.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of aluminum rectangular tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be fixed in height.
- Gantry shall have fixed tread.
- The aluminum alloy I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/450th of the span.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four, 360-degree rotating, non-marking phenolic resin casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of the crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of the crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 6” in diameter.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace Cranes specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Optional span adjustment kit available on cranes up to 15’ I-beam spans for an additional charge. Must specify when ordering.
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016