This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace adjustable-height aluminum rectangular tube gantry crane which comes in 1 and 2-ton models.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of aluminum rectangular tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height.
- Gantry shall have fixed tread.
- The aluminum alloy I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/450th of the span.
- The telescoping posts shall be adjustable in 6”increments when adjusting height. The posts shall have internal reinforcement as well as gussets welded to top plates.
- The main frames shall have a spring-loaded load-adjusting pin for adjusting/maintaining height of crane. Frames will be manufactured with custom-made channel for better fit with bolt and plate upon assembly.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four, 360-degree rotating, non-marking phenolic resin casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 6” diameter.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace Cranes specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Optional cable ratchet hoist kits for height adjustment are available for an additional charge. Please specify when ordering.
- Optional span adjustment kits on cranes up to 15’ I-beam spans are available for an additional charge. Must specify when ordering.
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016