This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Steel Round-Tube Tri-Adjustable Gantry Crane.
You will find these models among the steel 1 & 2 ton and 3 & 5-ton Tri-Adjustable Gantries. They are the 1, 2, and 3-ton models that include the letter “S” twice in their model number, for example, S2T10-S10AC and S6T12-S25AC.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel round tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards, including, but not limited to the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height and have main leg malleable iron center castings for brace leg attachment to main support legs.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in caster frame spread and have aluminum castings for attachment of casters.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span. The I-beam shall also be free-swinging and self-aligning to lift off-center loads as approved.
- The telescoping legs shall be adjustable in 6” increments and also be equipped with malleable iron safety stops for everyday use as well as when adjusting height.
- Spread adjustment on the caster frame shall be in 6” increments. Over spreading of the caster frame adjustment shall be prevented by means of an internal steel safety cable.
- The main leg malleable iron center castings shall have spring-loaded pearlitic grade load-adjusting pins for adjusting / maintaining height adjustment of the crane as well as the attachment of brace legs.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four, 360 degree rotating, non-marking phenolic resin casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of the crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow the positioning of the crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 6” or 8” diameter as determined by the capacity, height, and span of the crane.
- The I-beam and I-beam brackets shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- The frames, including brace legs, caster frames, and main legs shall be dip painted with red gloss industrial quality paint for protection of both inner and outer tubing walls.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications. (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016