This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Steel Square-Tube Mighty-Mite (Workstation) Gantry Crane without Casters.
These include all the models on the Mighty-Mite (Workstation) crane page when they are ordered without casters.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel square tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height and have main legs with 2” x 5” welded support for brace leg attachment using ½” diameter steel round bar pins.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall have a fixed caster frame spread; and welded caster frame plates for attachment of casters.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span.
- The telescoping legs shall be adjustable in 6” increments and also be equipped with ½” diameter steel round bar safety stops for everyday use as well as when adjusting height.
- The main legs shall have ½” diameter steel round bar load-adjusting pins for adjusting/maintaining height adjustment of crane.
- I-beam and I-beam brackets shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- The frames, including brace legs, caster frames, and main legs shall be dip painted with red gloss industrial quality paint to protect inner and outer tubing walls.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016