This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Hippolift fixed-height steel square-tube gantry crane which comes in 1-5-ton models. This specification is for the 5- ton models only. The spec for the 1-3 ton models can be found here.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel square-tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be fixed in height.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall have fixed caster frame spread; and welded caster frame plates for attachment of casters.
- I-beam shall be American Standard with a design deflection of no greater than 1/800th of the span in accordance with Wallace design criteria. I-beam shall be free-swinging and self-aligning to allow lifting off-center loads.
- Gantry shall be equipped with eight, 360-degree rotating, non-marking phenolic resin casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of the crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of the crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall have 8” diameter as determined by the capacity, height, and span of the crane.
- The I-beam and I-beam brackets shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- The frames, including brace legs, caster frames, and main legs shall be dip-painted with red gloss industrial quality paint to protect inner and outer tubing walls.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry bolts and hardware shall be plated to prevent corrosion.
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016