This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace aluminum tri-adjustable gantry crane which comes in 1/2 to 3-ton models. These are all the aluminum tri-adjustable cranes that have a model number that begins with the letter “A”, for example, A0T12-A10AC and A6T10-A15.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of aluminum alloy round-tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height and have main leg center castings for brace leg attachment to main support legs.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in caster frame spread and have aluminum castings for attachment of casters.
- The aluminum alloy I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/450th of the span. The I-beam shall also be free-swinging and self-aligning to lift off-center loads as approved.
- The telescoping legs shall be adjustable in 6” increments and also be equipped with malleable iron safety stops for everyday use as well as when adjusting height.
- Spread adjustment on the caster frame shall be in 6” increments. Over spreading of the caster frame adjustment shall be prevented by means of an internal steel safety cable.
- The main leg center casting shall have spring-loaded pearlitic grade load-adjusting pins for adjusting/maintaining height adjustment of crane as well as attachment of brace legs.
- Gantry shall be equipped with four (or eight, depending on the model), 360 degree rotating, non-marking phenolic resin casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all four (or eight depending on the model), casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 6” or 8” diameter as determined by capacity, height, and span of crane.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace Cranes specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016