Durable, Stable, Adjustable, and Portable
This Tri-Adjustable 8-ton gantry crane is incredibly strong and durable. Its industrial-grade A-frame is made with high-quality heavy-gauge steel tubing and designed to roll under load. Completely portable, it comes with adjustable heights (C), spans (B), and caster frame spreads (E).
- The Tri-Adjustable is built using our patented pinned-joint design resulting in a longer-lasting, better-fitting, more flexible crane that is quick and easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Exclusive Wallace I-beam support system aligns off-center loads to avoid crane and trolley distortion. Support system slides along the I-beam enabling leg spacing adjustments and cantilever configurations.
- Casters are equipped with a 4-position swivel lock. When locked 90 degrees with each other, they position the crane more firmly than a brake.
- Adjustable legs permit crane height adjustments in 6″ increments using spring-loaded bolts. You can raise the height of your crane so it goes over materials and equipment, lower it under low ceilings and doorways, or set legs at different heights when floors or terrains are uneven. It’s ideal for truck loading or from a dock to a floor or ground level to a mezzanine.
- Adjustable span allows for inboard or outboard bracing and a cantilever configuration overhang of up to 25% of the I-beam length.
- Adjustable caster frame spread (E) enables rolling through narrow aisles or doorways and prevents having to disassemble and reassemble your crane. Safety cables inside the caster frame tubes prevent overspreading while adjustments are underway. Casters are equipped with 4-position swivel locks to position the crane more firmly than a brake.
- Tri-adjustables are quick and easy to assemble and disassemble. They can be wheeled around to serve more than one workstation or workplace. Locking “lead” casters and unlocking trailing casters make it easy to move and steer. An optional Kart Kit transforms your disassembled gantry crane into a cart, allowing easy transportation and storage.
||SUPPORT PIN 1 DIA. X 8 1/4 LG.
||MAIN LEG BRACKET
||HEX. NUT 3/8-24NF
||SOC. SET SCREW 3/8-24NF X 1 3/4 LG.
||PIN-SUPPORT 3/4 DIA. X 6 1/4LG.
||SPACER BAR 12 1/4 LG.
||BRACE LEG BRACKET
||I-BEAM STL. 15″ X 10′ LG.
||CAUTION TAG NO. 399
||KEY RING 2 1/4 DIA.
||LOCK WASHER INT. TOOTH 3/4
||HEX. NUT 3/4-10NC
||TROLLEY STOP ANGLE
||HEX. HD. BOLT 3/4-10NC X 2 1/2 LG.
||MAIN LEG ASSEMBLY
||UPPER MAIN LEG
||ROLL PIN 5/32 X 3/4 LG.
||LOAD PIN CASTING
||LOWER MAIN LEG
||SAFETY STOP ASSEMBLY
||CASTER FRAME ASSEMBLY
||SAFETY CABLE ASS’Y 61″ LG.
||OUTER CASTER FRAME TUBE
||CASTER FRAME ADJUSTMENT PIN
||INNER CASTER FRAME TUBE
||HEX. HD. BOLT 1/2-13NC X 3 1/2 LG.
||LOWER MAIN LEG PIN 1 DIA. X 6 7/16 LG.
||HEX H.D. BOLT 1/2-13NC X 5 LG.
||HEX H.D. BOLT 1/2-13NC X 1 3/4 LG.
||CASTER WHEEL 10″ DIA.
||LOCK WASHER INT. TOOTH 1/2
||HEX. NUT 1/2-13NC
||COTTER PIN 1/4 X 2 LG.
Note: There are alternate v-groove casters available for this crane.
Print / download a copy of the 8T10-S10 parts list (PDF).
Parts Location Diagrams
Square-Tube Tri-Adjustable I-Beam Assembly Parts Location Diagram
Square-Tube Tri-Adjustable Caster Frame Assembly Parts Location
Print / download a copy of both parts location diagrams (PDF).
Assembly and Disassembly Instructions
- Read and understand instructions before using this gantry.
- Inspect gantry thoroughly before using. See the Tri-Adjustable Operating, Adjustment, and Inspection Instructions (Form 379) for damaged or missing parts.
- Do not lift more than rated capacity.
- Center hoist over the load.
- Do not allow the load to swing or roll against any supporting members.
- When moving the gantry under load, push on the gantry, not the load. Be certain that the rolling surface is hard, level, clean, and smooth.
- Do not move the gantry over 50 feet per minute (1/2 m.p.h.).
- Not to be used for lifting or supporting humans.
Before You Begin
- Place parts on a flat surface, preferably on cardboard to keep small parts clean and organized.
- Select a clear area to assemble the crane. The work envelope should extend five feet beyond twice the leg length (when flat) and the length of the I-beam.
- This clear area should be serviced by two overhead hoists or an alternate as shown below as well as in Form 379. This will allow you to raise the I-beam and leg assemblies when required.
- Select tools for fastening the nuts and bolts.
- You will also need C-clamps to hold the trolley in place while the crane is assembled.
Print / download a PDF of detailed, step-by-step Tri-Adjustable Gantry Crane Square-Tube Assembly Instructions (Form 411).
Safety Tag and Label Locations
Safety Tag Location
The following sketch shows the location of required safety tags on Wallace Tri-Adjustable Gantry Cranes. All locking pins or pins with a quick release must have a corresponding Tag 1969. Following the schematic below is a complete listing of all text found on all Labels and Tags on the Crane.
Print / download a PDF of the Tri-Adjustable Round-Tube Safety Tag and Label Locations Diagram.
Inspection Checklist (Form 504)
- What to check for.
- How often to check.
- Frequent Inspection Checklist.
- Periodic Inspection Checklist.
View detailed Gantry Crane Inspection Checklist (Form 504).
Print / download a PDF copy of the checklist.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us.
Please note this checklist was derived from company proprietary materials and (3) source documents including ANSI B30.17, CMAA Specification #74 Revised 1987, and OSHA 1910.179. As excerpts, the short form Wallace documents are intended to serve as general guidelines and are not to be considered the sole source when performing routine maintenance and inspection tasks.
Operating, Adjustment, and Inspection Instructions (Form 379)
- Assembly and Safety Instructions
- Daily inspection
- Positioning of Crane to Handle Loads
- Positioning of Casters
- Adjustment Instructions
- Height Adjustment Procedure
- Caster Frame Adjustment Procedure
- Cantilever Configuration / Adjustment
- Wallace Built-In Safety Features
- Caution Areas
- Tri-Adjustable Visual Checkpoints
- General Safety Instructions for Crane Adjustments
- Methods of Supporting the Crane for Assembly
View detailed Tri-Adjustable Operating, Adjustment, and Inspection Instructions (Form 379).
Print / download a PDF copy of the instructions.
|Gantry Model Number:
||S15″ x 42.9#/’ x 10′
|I-Beam Length (Overall Span):
|Maximum Cantilever Distance (A):
|Gantry Rated Capacity:
|Maximum Cantilevered Load (B):
Proper Cantilever Procedures
Required counterweight should not be supported by gantry caster frame.
Load and trolley should be able to freely traverse the I-beam through the main legs and brace legs of the gantry.
|Required Counterweight at (C)
Print / download a PDF copy of these 8T10-S10 cantilever instructions.
Gantry end frames shall be of steel square tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height and have main leg ductile iron center castings for brace leg attachment to main support legs.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in caster frame spread and have ductile iron castings for attachment of casters.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span. The I-beam shall also be free-swinging and self-aligning to lift off-center loads as approved.
- The telescoping legs shall be adjustable in 6” increments and also be equipped with steel safety stop pins for everyday use as well as when adjusting height.
- Spread adjustment on the caster frames shall be in 6” increments. Over spreading of the caster frame adjustment shall be prevented by means of an internal steel safety cable.
- The main leg ductile iron center castings shall have spring-loaded load-bearing adjusting pins for adjusting/maintaining height adjustment of crane as well as attachment of brace legs.
- Gantry shall be equipped with eight, 360 degree rotating, polyurethane casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all eight casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 10” diameter.
- The I-beam and I-beam brackets shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- The frames, including brace legs, caster frames, and main legs shall be dip painted with red gloss industrial quality paint for protection of both inner and outer tubing walls.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Print / download a PDF version of the specification.
Wallace Tri-Adjustable gantry cranes have a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications, both indoors and out. Images (below) provide a sampling of different applications of our steel (red) and aluminum (silver) Tri-Adjustable gantry cranes.